St. Thomas the Apostle is open to all students regardless of race, ethnic origin, or religious affiliation. We offer a rigorous learning program for students with average to above average abilities. Because the school does not receive federal or state funding to assist with special education expenses, we are able to provide only limited direct services for students with diagnosed disabilities.
Admissions are processed on a rolling basis; registration for the following school year is initiated during Catholic Schools Week, which takes place the last week of January. Families interested in information regarding St. Thomas the Apostle School should sign up for a tour or contact our Admissions Coordinator, Tareema Jean-Baptiste: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following records are required for a child to enter St. Thomas the Apostle School:
- Birth certificate
- Baptismal certificate for those who are Catholic
- Health records (Students must meet state requirements regarding immunization policies before and during their time of attendance at STA.)
Pre-Kindergarten students must be able to feed and dress themselves, be toilet-trained and able to follow simple directions.
Kindergarten students are required to have knowledge of basic colors, numbers, the alphabet, fine and gross motor skills, listening skills, social skills, and the ability to follow directions.
Students entering Kindergarten through grade 8 are required to have their records and recommendations reviewed by the principal. Students in grades 5-8 are usually interviewed by the principal prior to acceptance.
In accordance with Illinois State Board of Education requirements, students enrolling in Pre-Kindergarten, Kindergarten or first grade must be three, four, five or six-years-old by September 1 of the respective year for the class for which they are registering.
Please note: Admissions for the 2018-19 school year is now CLOSED. Admissions for the 2019-20 school year will open on January 27, 2019.
St. Thomas the Apostle’s admissions process consists of the following steps: Application (includes tour and shadow), Acceptance and Registration.
1. Visit and Shadow We ask that families come to St. Thomas and tour the school and that students shadow a classroom prior to applying. Shadow days are a great opportunity for students to experience life as an STA student.
2. Complete the St. Thomas the Apostle School Application and submit to the main office.
- Recommendation Forms St. Thomas the Apostle will reach out to your child’s current school for a letter of recommendation from their current teacher or principal. You must provide address information.
- Parent Interview The principal may request an interview after the application has been reviewed.
3. Records and Documents Provide original or certified copy of your child’s birth certificate, latest report card, latest standardized test scores (if applicable… for example, ISAT, ASPIRE, or NWEA MAP), and baptismal certificate if the child is Catholic.
All required application documents must be submitted before a decision on acceptance can be made.
Please note: Families are only able to apply for financial aid after completing the application process and receiving notice of acceptance.
1. Review Once the application process is complete, school administration will review your child’s application file. Siblings of currently enrolled students are given priority in the registration process.
2. Notification of Acceptance Families receive a formal letter of acceptance and an e-mail from St. Thomas the Apostle School. This letter and e-mail will include important registration information.
3. Registration Families will receive a link to the on-line registration form via e-mail at the time of acceptance. This form must be completed and submitted by March 22, 2019 along with Registration and Material Fees and required medical documents in order to secure the child’s enrollment.
Enrollment is not finalized until all documents and fees are submitted. We urge families to complete the process as soon as possible to secure enrollment.
1. Complete On-Line Registration Form – Submit the completed on-line registration as soon as possible to guarantee your child’s spot. We will accept registrations after March 22, 2019 based on availability. The link to the form will be sent to you upon acceptance.
2. Immunization/Physical Examination Form – This will be e-mailed to you as an attachment. Complete both pages of the form. It must be signed on both sides by a physician. Parents complete the “Health History” section and sign. Then, you can scan it and e-mail it as an attachment to email@example.com or turn it into the school office. Dental and Vision Exam Forms are required for all K-8 NEW students. Please be sure the dentist signs and dates this form. This will also be sent as an attachment via e-mail. Once it is completed, scan it and e-mail it back to firstname.lastname@example.org or turn it into the school office.
3. Register on FACTS – Register on FACTS Tuition Management System at: https://online.factsmgt.com/signin/41YRC
4. Payment – Families who are new to St. Thomas the Apostle School, will need to make their registration and materials fee payment in the school office as soon as possible to guarantee their spot.
5. Receive a tuition and payment schedule – The first tuition payment should be made within the first two weeks of the school year.
6. All new families are required to attend a New Parent Meeting prior to the start of the school year.
Registration is final ONLY when all completed documents and initial payments are received.