Why St. Thomas the Apostle?
We asked students and parents to tell us a bit about St. Thomas the Apostle from their perspective. They touched on many of the things that make our school community special. If you’d like to know more, please contact us about taking a tour of our extraordinary school!
When it comes to education, it’s only natural for families to want the best for their children. So do we! Catholic schools have long been recognized for their commitment to educate the whole child – physically, intellectually, emotionally, socially and spiritually. But why do parents specifically choose Catholic schools? Check out the top ten reasons highlighted by the National Catholic Education Association:
1. Catholic schools offer an education that combines Catholic tradition with academic excellence.
2. Catholic schools set high standards for student achievement and work closely with them to succeed.
3. Catholic schools cultivate a faculty and staff who are dedicated, caring, and effective.
4. Catholic schools provide a balanced curriculum that includes art, music, Spanish and fitness.
5. Catholic schools use technology effectively to enhance education.
6. Catholic schools’ small class sizes allow for individual attention in a caring community.
7. Catholic schools teach children respect of self and others.
8. Catholic schools emphasize moral development and self-discipline.
9. Catholic schools instill in students the value of service to others.
10. Catholic schools provide a safe and welcoming environment for all.
St. Thomas families are just as passionate about their decisions to enroll their children at STA. Just listen to what they have to say about their experiences with us!